What a year. Here were some of the 2019 sports betting trends that caught our attention.
FanDuel sportsbook logged an array of milestones, large bets, and phenomenal payouts, taking its place as a premier gambling establishment in 2019.
Here are some facts, figures, oohs and ahs from its version of a championship season.
2019 Year in Review
Mattress Mack’s $1.5 million online wagers on the Astros to win the World Series was 2019’s largest single bet of the year at the FanDuel Sportsbook.
It also generated enormous publicity and, significantly for FanDuel, did not have to be paid out, because the Washington Nationals won their first-ever championship.
11/25 marked the FanDuel Sportsbook’s largest parlay payout of 2019. A Customer placed $200 on a 15-leg parlay across NFL/ NBA and NHL Money Lines, which paid $229,276.50.
2019 Sports Betting Trends
- The New York Yankees were the most popular team in 2019.
- They were the most popular by bet count and handle.
- The New York Yankees had nearly 90,000 more bets than any other team
- The Super Bowl was the most popular single game by bet count and handle in 2019
November 3, December 1 and November 24 are the three largest days of the year by bet count and handle in 2019.
NFL Sundays are extremely popular and as we moved closer to the end of the year, PA, WV and IN opened to online sports betting gave the book more customers to place bets.
- Biggest day for Customers winning in 2019 was on Sunday, October 27, 2019
- This was the day of the Sports Equinox when all major sports played on the same day
- The Golden State Warriors were the most popular NBA Team by handle in 2019
- The Philadelphia 76ers were the most popular NBA Team by bet count in 2019
- The Boston Bruins were the most popular NHL Team by handle in 2019
- The Philadelphia Flyers were the most popular team by bet count in 2019
- The New England Patriots were the most popular NFL team by handle in 2019
- The Philadelphia Eagles were the most popular NFL team by bet count
- NBA Finals Game 6 (Raptors @ Warriors on 6/13) was the most popular NBA game by handle
- World Series Game 6 (Nationals @ Astros on 10/29) was the most popular MLB Game by handle
- Game 7 of the Stanley Cup (Blues @ Bruins on 6/12) was the most popular NHL Game by handle