July 4th is only two weeks away. But why wait till then to enjoy the Atlantic City fireworks? Wouldn’t you like to close out June with a bang, too? Of course, you would!
Big celebrations are happening this Thursday all along and around the North Beach section of the Atlantic City Boardwalk. They will be followed by another party on Friday to celebrate the long awaited Grand Opening of Wahlburgers at Ocean Casino Resort.
Then, the following Thursday and Friday, June 27 and 28, the partying continues. Get ready for a celebration the likes of which is going to be so spectacular it is a whole year in the making.
The dual one year anniversary of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City and Ocean Casino Resort!
AC North Beach Block Party: June 20, 4 PM – 8 PM
On Thursday, June 20, the festivities kick off with the first ever North Beach Block Party taking place from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Resorts, Hard Rock, and Ocean Casino Resort will all take part in the fun, along with a long lineup of other businesses and attractions, each showcasing what they have to offer.
Attendance is FREE and, of course, you’re invited.
Each participating entity will have its own designated area where you will be able to take advantage of free samples and special offers at this family friendly event. There will be plenty of free live entertainment, too.
Expect to do a lot of walking. So be sure to wear comfortable shoes and allow enough time to explore the whole area leisurely. Or if walking is difficult for you,simply hop on a tram or rolling chair for door to door service to wherever you want to go.
And bring along a light jacket or raincoat in case of inclement weather. Scattered thunderstorms are in the forecast for the late afternoon and early evening.
Here is a brief summary of the various places taking part in the celebration and what you can expect at each one.
North Beach Block Party participants
Ocean Casino Resort
- Live DJ
- Ticket giveaway
- Sidewalk sale and retail discounts
- Giveaways from William Hill Sportsbook and Professional Fighters League
- Photo ops with 1927 Lounge & Speakeasy Dancers
- TopGolf Swing Suite free games (including Foosball, Jenga, pool, and more)
- Free hats and bags
- Free parking for Player’s Club cardholders
Additional special offers inside the resort:
- Amada, American Cut, and Villain & Saint: Happy Hour special starting at $7
- Distrito: $2 Margarita and $2 Tacos with Player’s Club card until 5 p.m.
- Retail discounts at The Shops at the Row
Note: In case of inclement weather, Ocean’s special offers that would otherwise take place outside the resort on the Boardwalk will be moved to inside the valet area entrance.
Hard Rock Atlantic City
- Live entertainment in Hard Rock Café Backstage, Beach Bar, and Lobby Bar
- Summer Concert ticket giveaways
- Free rock band photo-op
- Spin to Win wheel
Resorts Casino Hotel
- Live entertainment from Bacardi Ardi and DJ Eric Smokey Starr at Landshark Bar & Grill
- Fun games to win prizes, including Beer Hoisting, Corn Hole, and Dice Roll
- Resorts famous pretzel cheesesteaks and $3.50 footlong hot dogs.
- Live DJ
- $20 buckets of Budweiser and Bud Light
- $7 pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris
- $10 wings, chicken tenders, and black Angus sliders
- Live music at the Steel Pier Pub
- Discounted ride tickets
- Discounted walking tacos
- BBQ grill
- Happy Hour ice cream
- Margarita specials
- Happy Hour from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at all bars
- Strolling entertainment, jugglers, and balloon artists
Tennessee Avenue (between Pacific Avenue and the Boardwalk)
- MADE Atlantic City Chocolate Bar: Free samples of Bean-to-Bar artisan chocolate
- Tennessee Avenue Beer Hall: Play Monopoly to win $1 beer cards and $10 gift cards, starting at 7 p.m.
- Official North Beach Block Party After Party with live music 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Iron Room: Free gourmet coffee samples
- Rhythm & Spirits: Free mocktail samples
- All North Beach Block Party attendees will receive $1 off admission to climb the lighthouse and a free entry into a giveaway to win $500.
Music Row Mondays
Last but certainly not least, the North Beach Block Party is your segue into Music Row Mondays starting June 24 and continuing on North Beach every Monday thereafter from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. as long as weather permits.
Why you should attend
Surely at least some of the above will be calling your name.
In the past, the north end of the Atlantic City Boardwalk, despite its ideal location overlooking the beach and the Atlantic Ocean, has not attracted as many visitors as the other parts.
This was especially true after the Showboat Casino (now a stand alone hotel only), Revel, and Trump Taj Mahal all closed down, leaving Resorts as the only still surviving North Beach casino.
Now with Hard Rock and Ocean Casino Resort both about to celebrate their first anniversary plus a wide array other businesses and attractions nearby that will appeal to gamblers and non-gamblers alike, the transformation of the area is incredible.
The June 20 block party is the perfect time to come see what this part of Atlantic City has to offer. Don’t miss this blockbuster party!
Wahlburgers Grand Opening at Ocean Casino
Friday, June 20, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Ocean Casino Resort has been talking about this exciting new restaurant for months.
So if you have been impatiently waiting for the place to finally open so you can satisfy your cravings for one of their mouthwatering Angus beef burgers with your choice of house-made sauces and toppings, here’s some great news.
The wait is over. Wahlburgers is open and ready to serve you!
In fact, you’re invited to come to the official Grand Opening of Wahlburgers that will get underway at 6 p.m. on Friday, June 21. You’ll even get the chance to meet co-owner Mark Wahlberg.
If you enjoy dining in a lively, casual atmosphere in a restaurant where the music, hospitality, and food are all equally great, you will probably love Wahlburgers.
With 32 locations in North America and the UK, it’s surprising that it took so long for this restaurant to finally come to Atlantic City. But now that it has, it should be here to stay for a long, long time.
By the way, while the chain is most famous for its made to order burgers, the extensive menu offers many other excellent choices, too. You certainly won’t go wrong choosing any of their signature salads or sandwiches, for example. But save room for one of their incredible house-made frappes, floats, or desserts. There is even a special “Smahlburgers” menu for kids (or calorie counting adults).
Every item on the menu shows the number of calories, so you know exactly what you’re getting. However, my advice for a place like this is to order whatever you want and not worry about it. Or maybe share your entrée, side dish, or dessert with your companion.
Wahlburgers at Ocean Casino Resort is open Sun.-Thurs. from 11 a.m. to midnight and Fri. and Sat. from 11 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Hard Rock AC & Ocean Casino Resort One Year Anniversary Celebration
Thursday, June 27 & Friday, June 28 – As great as this week’s special events are going to be, the biggest and best are yet to come.
June 27, 2018 will take its indelible place in history as the first time ever, two Atlantic City casinos were opened to the public on the same day.
Now it is a year later and all the naysayers who thought nine casinos were too many for this town are eating their words.
Ocean Casino celebration: Thursday, June 27
Ocean Casino Resort will hold its special one-year celebration on Thursday, June 27. Here is a preview of what will be happening there that day and evening.
Official ceremony announcing the latest improvements at the resort
In fact, during your visit, you’ll have a chance to experience all of the following: two new elevators allowing easier access between floors, 200 new slot machines, more dining and retail options, and a new casino lounge featuring live music and DJs.
- Time: 11 a.m.
- Location: near the casino floor elevators
- Time: 11 a.m.
- Location: casino floor
1927 Lounge & Speakeasy
Experience the new 1920’s themed lounge bar featuring a live DJ and live variety shows.
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Location: Casino floor (where Royal Jelly used to be)
- Time: 9:30 p.m.
- Location: Boardwalk
In addition, $1 hot dogs will be available at William Hill Sportsbook on the 27th and all weekend long.
Hard Rock AC celebration: Friday, June 28
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino has set aside Friday, June 28 as its turn to shine with these special commemorative events.
- Fresh Harvest Buffet $10 Brunch from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 10x Free Play for all slot players from noon to 8 p.m.
- Press conference at 1 p.m., including a city proclamation and charity announcement
- The Hard Rock Atlantic City Anniversary Parade will proceed down the Atlantic City Boardwalk starting at 4 p.m.
- June 25 marks the start of a four-week residency at the Sound Waves venue for the Broadway and Vegas hit musical Jersey Boys.
- Tim McGraw will perform at Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena at 8 p.m. on both Fri., June 28 and Sat., June 29.
Additional special giveaways all summer long
- One year anniversary T-shirt giveaway featuring a different shirt you can earn each week from July 7 through August 1
- Starting June 28 and continuing all summer long, an opportunity to earn entries based on play either at the Atlantic City casino or Hard Rock Online Casino for the September 1 drawing where one lucky player will win 1 million dollars!