Disclaimer: Barstool Sportsbook is not yet live. As soon as Barstool officially launches, we will update this review.
With Penn National Gaming’s recent deal, sports bettors can expect to see a lot more of the sports media company Barstool Sports.
Penn National owns and operates several casinos and racetracks throughout the US and Canada, including the well-known Hollywood Casino brand.
It recently spent $163 million for a 36% stake in Barstool Sports, adding to Penn’s growing gaming portfolio. The agreement lets Penn use the Barstool brand and be its gaming partner for 40 years, according to a press release.
To give us an idea of what Barstool could offer sports bettors, we looked at the Barstool brand, Penn’’s interest in the company and Hollywood Casino.
Barstool Sportsbook will likely launch in nearly every legal sports betting state, which includes Indiana, Iowa, New Jersey, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Mississippi and West Virginia.
We hope to see the first one in August.
Also, New Jersey bettors could anticipate a Barstool Sportsbook in since Penn National Gaming owns the Freehold Raceway, and it recently petitioned for a sports betting license.
Barstool Sportsbook promo code
|Barstool Sportsbook Promo Code||TBD|
|Free Money Offer||TBD|
|Risk Free Bet||TBD|
|Last Verified:||February 2021|
Barstool Sportsbook bonuses
We have studied a few Penn National sportsbooks to configure what the promotions and bonuses will look like once Barstool goes live.
Also, since nearly every sports betting app offers a free bet or deposit match bonus, we can assume that Barstool will do the same.
As a controversial brand, Barstool’s promo code will likely not be for the faint of heart. There certainly will be some creative promotions.
With Barstool being active in social media, it’s skilled at creating buzz and, therefore, a lot of odds boosts.
Imagine how much fun Barstool could have had with the Houston Astros cheating scandal. Creating a lot of attention by making it +500 if Alex Bregman, or another Astros player, is hit by a pitch when they play the Dodgers or the Yankees.
While the other companies have focused more on traditional odds boosts — say you can now get the Sixers at -1 when they opened at -5 — Barstool will utilize its unique coverage to promote things that tend to lead to more humor.
Beyond imaginative promotions, Penn rewards regular customers with the mychoice Rewards loyalty scheme, which likely will include Barstool customers.
New mychoice members receive $30 in free play, and a chance to earn $500 after three visits. Offers include free trips to other Penn National Gaming properties, specifically in Nevada.
We can expect Barstool Sportsbook to have an app available for iPhone, iPad and android use. The site already has a sport betting app called Barstool Bets, which compiles much of Barstool’s sports betting content and also includes a daily sports picking game which features real prizes.
Whether the sportsbooks build on top of this existing app or starts fresh, you can rest assured Barstool will provide iOS and android apps for its users.
When the site launches, we recommend registering for your account first via the Barstool Sportsbook website. After that, follow links from the website to the app that suits your mobile device and sign in to your account.
Barstool Sportsbook review
We will examine Hollywood Casino Sportsbook for most of this review of Barstool Sportsbook. The two companies are related, and a merger isn’t out of the questions.
Hollywood Casino in Indiana is doing a great job of giving bettors the feeling of being in Las Vegas, plus there are a lot of TVs.
Entertainment is Barstool’s niche, and we don’t see that changing as it enters the sportsbook arena.
We anticipate Barstool to utilize its celebrities and air a daily show inside one of the sportsbooks as a way to create even more traffic.
Hollywood Casino Sportsbook offers straight bets, moneylines, parlays, futures and props. We cover these options later in this review.
Last but not least, live betting is becoming a popular option at live sportsbooks, especially in New Jersey. We can imagine that Barstool will go big with live betting and tie in its Barstool personalities to increase action during games.
An advantage that will come from the Penn National Gaming partnership is the mychoice Rewards program. Top competitors FanDuel and DraftKings currently do not offer a loyalty scheme for their sports bettors.
However, a disadvantage to Barstool could be the lines.
With so much media attention, we can see it adding a little extra juice to try and take advantage of the novice sports gambler.
They will assume that all the lines are the same and they won’t line shop, which will lead to less value when gambling at Barstool Sportsbook.
Banking at Barstool
Barstool Sportsbook will likely offer the typical methods for depositing and withdrawing money, which include:
- PayPal: This one is great for those who were playing overseas before betting became legal. Using your PayPal account with your legal sportsbook account is easy and quick. It is the best option as far as we are concerned.
- ACH: This is the best way to withdraw funds. So, if you set this up for your deposits, it will make it seamless when you hit it big.
- Debit or Credit Cards: Visa and Mastercard are options for now.
- Other: These include online bank transfers, wire transfers and paper checks. They will be some of the slower options but, for some, it might be the only option.
What sports can I bet on at Barstool?
The opportunities for the types of sports you can bet on online are endless. From American leagues to international sports, if there is a line, Barstool will surely offer it.
Each state has its own rules and regulations but, for the most part, it is pretty standard. You can bet on professional and collegiate sports, as well as international leagues and tournaments.
A few states have put limits on collegiate sports, with the most popular rule being no wagers on individual player props for NCAA athletes.
What bet types are available at Barstool Sports?
Barstool will likely feature the same kinds of bets made available at most sportsbooks, including:
- Parlay: This is where you place multiple bets that all must be correct for you to win. For example, you bet on the Duke -6.5, Purdue +5 and the Devils -135. You can bet the same sports or multiple sports; it doesn’t matter. A parlay is one of the most popular bets because you can risk little for a big reward. You could place $10 on an eight-team parlay and come out winning more than $2,000.
- Futures: These are long-term bets made for season or tournament results. An extremely popular wager in the spring is who will be the NCAA Tournament champion. For example, you can bet on Kansas at 6-1 to win the national title. If you place $100 down and they win it all, you walk away with $600.
- Teaser: Teasers are most popular in football and basketball. In football, you get six additional points, while in basketball, you get four. For example, if you bet the Patriots who were -10, and Giants who were +3, in a teaser, you now get New England at -4 and the Giants at +9. Like a parlay, you must hit all the legs to win.
- Moneyline: This is the most straightforward of all the bets. With baseball season upon us, this is a standard bet. You are just betting on a straight-up winner of a game; there is no spread. For example, if you bet the Yankees at -170 against the Red Sox (+130). You have to bet $170 on the Yankees to win $100 because they were the favorites in the game.
- Over/Under: Also known as a totals bet, it is a wager on the total number of points scored in a game. In basketball, if the sum of points is 215 for the Nets and Knicks and you bet the over, the two teams’ combined score must be higher than 215 for you to win. If the final is 110-106, you are a winner. This bet is excellent if you are not sure who will win or who will cover.
- Props: Barstool Sportsbook will likely have a lot of fun with prop bets because you can bet on anything. For example, Barstool could list a line on the number of trash cans heard banging during an Astros game.
While we can’t be sure exactly when Barstool Sportsbook will launch, however, with the investment that Penn National Gaming made, it will be sooner rather than later. Barstool will draw in the nontraditional gambler.